About Me

My photo
Naples, Florida, United States
Hi my name is Emileigh and I am married to my wonderful husband Nate. We have two children, Nataleigh (5) and Adam (3). I'm a stay-at-home-mom. I have a degree in applied science with my major focusing on Radiography.

Our Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Nataleigh's Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Adam's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Graduation Festivities

So this last weekend was a huge weekend for my family.  Nate graduated from Bethel College with his degree in nursing.  His parents, Megan & Patrick, Jesse, Marideth & Sam, and Grandma Cumings all came down on Friday.  Nate, myself, his parents, Megan and Jesse all attended his graduate dinner later Friday night.  The food was really good and Nate won a sticker to go on our van.  The Alumni Board gathered info and the most popular car on campus was Honda Civic.  Nate's broke down in January but was still registered on campus so he won the decal.  He also received these beautiful Bethel College glass cups (set of 4) that will look nice in a display case with all of his memorabilia from college (someday!)  We only stayed for dinner because the program would have lasted a few more hours and we wanted to spend some quality time together as a family!
                             Here is a picture of us from the dinner.
                                      Nate's parents at the dinner.

After we left the dinner we headed back to our apartment and everyone decided to go to an original Putt-Putt close to our apartment. (His family loves to play and they are competitive!)  I decided to stay back with Nataleigh.  Dorothy said she would stay and watch her but it was already getting late and it didn't make sense to drive all the way downtown and then come back just to turn around and drive back downtown so I stayed home.  I finished up my necklace for graduation day to go with my outfit...I love it! Here is a picture of it.

It's not the best quality picture but it works.  When I was done with my necklace I went to bed only to be woken up by a pounding on the wall our bed is against!!!  Nate didn't have his key to get into the apartment and I had been asleep for over an hour so I was out!  They tried to call my phone a few times but it was on vibrate in the other room in my purse and I didn't hear it...they also were throwing rocks at the window (like in the movies) to try and wake me up...somehow I finally woke up!  I let everyone in and then went back to bed.

Saturday was a fun-filled and busy day.  Got up early and fed Nataleigh, got ready for the day, made breakfast for Jesse, Marideth & Samuel (they were the only ones that stayed with us...the rest stayed in a hotel in downtown Mishawaka).  We then went to the nurse pinning ceremony and it was so nice.  When they said to stand and give then a hand I started to cry because I was overcome with joy and I was sooo proud of Nate.  It was something I will treasure!  Here some pictures from the pinning and afterwards.

After the pinning ceremony we went out to eat with Nate's side while my side went back to the clubhouse to prepare for the after graduation party later that night.  We ate at Culver's and it was very yummy!  While we were there we discovered Nataleigh's first tooth had poked through!  She wouldn't let me get a picture of it though! :(

We didn't have a lot of time between the pinning ceremony and graduation.  The graduation was very nice.  It was a lot faster than I thought it was going to be...altogether around 1 1/2 hours!  Here are some pictures of graduation.

Nataleigh with Nana looking for Daddy
 
After graduation we had a chance to thank Nate's professors for the wonderful job they did and take more pictures.


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My sleepy baby!  She was so good the whole day!
We decorated for the graduation party the night before.  Everyone helped out and it turned out just the way I wanted it to!  Thanks everyone for your hard work!  We had great food and played some games.  It was quite the day and I slept pretty good that night.

Hope you enjoyed reading and looking at the pictures about Nate's graduation festivities!

Till next time!

3 comments:

  1. You necklace that you made is so pretty, and Nataleigh looked to cute. I love the picture of her "looking for Daddy."

    ReplyDelete