About Me

My photo
Naples, Florida, United States
Hi my name is Emileigh and I am married to my wonderful husband Nate. We have two children, Nataleigh (5) and Adam (3). I'm a stay-at-home-mom. I have a degree in applied science with my major focusing on Radiography.

Our Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Nataleigh's Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Adam's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Cooking with the kids

It was rainy today so what better way to pass the time than to bake something!  I found a yummy recipe that looked awesome....Chewy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies! Plus I had all the ingredients....or so I thought. I didn't have the chocolate chips so I used my food processor and chopped up two Toberlone candy bars. It ended up turning out!


Here is the recipe:

Chewy Chocolate Chips Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients-
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour 
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 325°.

2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth.  Beat in eggs, one at a time, then stir in vanilla.  Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into creamed mixture until just blended. Mix in the quick oats, walnuts and chocolate chips. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto a nonstick baking sheet.

3. Bake for 12 minutes in preheated oven. Take out of the oven, leave on the cookie sheet for one minute and put on a cooling rack for 5 minutes. Store in airtight container.

The recipe makes six dozen cookies! 

Enjoy!!!!!

That's all for now! Till next time, Emileigh






No comments:

Post a Comment