About Me

My photo
Naples, Florida, United States
Hi my name is Emileigh and I am married to my wonderful husband Nate. We have two children, Nataleigh (5) and Adam (3). I'm a stay-at-home-mom. I have a degree in applied science with my major focusing on Radiography.

Our Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Nataleigh's Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Adam's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Homemade Granola Bars

I started my Turbo Fire program again this week and wanted to be proactive about having healthy snacks in the house. Not just for me but for the family. I decided that I would try to make homemade granola bars! 

Nataleigh & Adam both helped me in the kitchen. I was a bad momma and forgot to take pictures of them helping. 

I bought all the ingredients from Sav-A-Lot to cut down on the cost. One 9" square baking pan costs about $5 to make and after I cut it into 21 pieces each piece is $0.23. I know you can get the chewy bars for around $2 sometimes less when they are on sale, but I like to know what is in the bars.

Here is the recipe:

2 C Rolled Oats
1/2 C Wheat Germ
1/2 C Semisweet Chocolate Chips
1/2 C Sliced Almonds
1/2 C Dried Fruit (I used raisins & plums)
14 oz. Sweetened Condensed Milk

Preheat the oven to 325° grease a 9 inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.

Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Transfer it into the prepared pan and with cooking spray on your hands push down so it's firm in the pan.

Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature. Cut into 21 pieces. Store in an airtight container.

Nutritional Facts:
Calories: 133
Fat: 4.2g
Carbohydrates: 20.6g
Fiber: 2g
Sugar: 12.8g
Protein: 3.6g

This is what it looks like before baking.
Cooling.....they look so good....must wait till they are cool!
I made a double batch and cut my pan into 36 bars so the nutritional values will be more.
YUMMY!!!!!!

Hope you try them out!

Till next time, Emileigh

P.S. I'm still tweaking my summer routine. Will post in a day or so :)

2 comments:

  1. I love these! Melissa Betz made some for our abf class last week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good Em!! And proud of you for working out again 😊

    ReplyDelete