About Me

My photo
Naples, Florida, United States
Hi my name is Emileigh and I am married to my wonderful husband Nate. We have two children, Nataleigh (5) and Adam (3). I'm a stay-at-home-mom. I have a degree in applied science with my major focusing on Radiography.

Our Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Nataleigh's Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Adam's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

June 2014 menu


It's that time of the month when I start to plan my menu for the next month! I feel like it takes the same amount of time as it would to plan one weeks worth! I feel that way because I am a lot less picky about what I want to eat for an entire month than what I want for that week.

These are my lovely cookbooks I took to Florida (I probably left 20 behind! I'm a little obsessed with them!!)

I start my writing out all the days on a piece of notebook paper because I cross it off after I make it. Next, I fill in every Friday with Homemade Pizza. My family loves pizza and I think it's cheaper to make it than to order out. Adam loves pepperoni pizza but Nataleigh loves ham & pineapple so I can't get away with just a Hot & Ready because someone won't be happy. So when I make it I do half of what each child likes (the hubs & I both love their choice of pizza). 

I fill in all of the Saturdays with Eating Out because that is my day off from cooking. Granted sometimes we switch days if my hubby wants to eat out a different day but for the most part we stick to the menu I plan.

Next is the fun part! I ask my hubby & kids what they want to eat so they get their favorite meals throughout the month! Depending on what they request and how long it takes to make determines what day I put it on. We attend Wednesday night services at church so Wednesdays are always a quick easy meal or even leftovers.

I look in the cupboards and freezer to see what meat and canned goods I have that would go together to make meals then I go through a few of my cook books to see if I have recipes that can use up these ingredients to cut down on my food budget for the month.




As you can see I still have a lot of food left over from my couponing days! (Just so you know I haven't coupon r&d in a year now!)

Here is my plan for the month:
Sun 6/1 BLT's
Mon 6/2 Chicken Stir-fry
Tues 6/3 Veal Parm, bread sticks, & salad
Wed 6/4 Ham broccoli rice casserole
Thur 6/5 Leftovers (flying to MI today!!)
Fri 6/6  Eat at Grandma's house
Sat 6/7 Parents Annual Fish Fry
Sun 6/8 Supper with Buchinger's/Kelly's 
Mon 6/9 Eat with family (undecided)
Tues 6/10 Crock pot Chicken Enchiladas
Wed 6/11 Crock pot Mac N' Cheese
Thur 6/12 Breakfast- Pancakes, sausage & fruit
Fri 6/13 Homemade Pizza
Sat 6/14 Eat Out
Mon 6/16 Black bean or Turkey Burgers, corn on the cob, salad
Tues 6/17 Chicken Pasta Sauté
Wed 6/18 Crock pot BBQ boneless ribs, sweet potatoes, salad
Thur 6/19 Meatloaf, mashed potatoes & gravy, corn, salad
Fri 6/20 Homemade Pizza
Sat 6/21 Eat Out
Sun 6/22 Breakfast- Waffles, bacon & fruit
Mon 6/23 Meximelt Casserole
Thur 6/26 Chicken Fricassee
Fri 6/27 Homemade Pizza
Sat 6/28 Eat Out
Mon 6/30 Tomato-Garlic Shrimp over Creamy Corn
http://www.publix.com/aprons/meals/MainDish/SimpleMeal.do?mealId=9449&mealGroupId=1080

So there you have it!  I will post a weekly grocery list and the recipes in future posts to come!  This is one of my favorite things to do in life.  Making meals for my lovely family!

That's all for now! Till next time,  Emileigh

2 comments:

  1. Definitely some great ideas here!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I miss you. I was just thinking about how organized and awesome you are. :) I could learn alot form you. Just trying to get into the menu making again. These boys of mine? -Eating like CRAZY. I feel like I JUST stocked up at the store, and suddenly realize I have nothing for supper. :) I will look through your menu and get some inspiration.

    ReplyDelete