About Me

My photo
Naples, Florida, United States
Hi my name is Emileigh and I am married to my wonderful husband Nate. We have two children, Nataleigh (5) and Adam (3). I'm a stay-at-home-mom. I have a degree in applied science with my major focusing on Radiography.

Our Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Nataleigh's Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Adam's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

New Rotation

Nate begins a two month rotation in Tampa today. Excited for him and nervous all at the same time. He is rooming with 3 other guys, Alexander, Kevin and another guy (he hasn't told me his name) in an apartment the school supplies for their students so they won't have to commute. For Nate, it would take at least an hour to get there and he would have to leave our condo by 4am. Thankful that Wolford does this for their students. 

He left for the apartment Sunday night because he wanted to get settled in and be close the first day to figure out parking and check out the hospital. Monday was orientation so it was pretty mellow. Today is his first day on the floor and he has 2 cases. Very excited for him because he said he is with a very nice CRNA. The area he's in today is the interventional radiology area. Something I'm familiar with since I am a radiology technologist. 

I am hoping to blog more about his journey through CRNA clinicals. So far he has completed 20/71 weeks and is 28% completed with his clinical experience. He has enjoyed learning when there are teachable moments and when the dr takes time to break things down and explains things. He also said that the drs and CRNAs he works with in Davenport treat them pretty good compared to many stories he has heard and read. 

Well that is all for now! Till next time!






No comments:

Post a Comment