About Me

My photo
Naples, Florida, United States
Hi my name is Emileigh and I am married to my wonderful husband Nate. We have two children, Nataleigh (5) and Adam (3). I'm a stay-at-home-mom. I have a degree in applied science with my major focusing on Radiography.

Our Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Nataleigh's Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Adam's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Update on Pregnancy

This morning I woke up to contraction cramps on the left side and low back pain so we went to the women & baby hospital in Orlando called Winnie Palmer(they have a NICU there).  Long story short is they didn't record any contractions, when they checked me I'm 1-2cm dilated max 50% effaced my cervix is still high up.  I don't need to be on bed rest so that's good. It's basically the opposite of what I was told in Friday. 
They did an ultrasound and measured amniotic fluid and it's well within normal limits so I'm not leaking that. They did discover I have a yeast infection, which could be contributing to the cramping and back pain. I got a script and was discharged around 9am and got home around 9:45. 

I had my appt to get my second dose of betamethasone (steroid to help develop baby's lungs) they said it's better to get it just incase I do go into labor to help the baby. It can't hurt us. My appt was at 1 but got there early so they could get a 20 minute strip of activity of the baby then get the shot. When the nurse talked to the oncall doc they asked if the doc from Winnie Palmer measured the length of my cervix (which they did not do and asked if they did the fetal fibronectin test which they did but never ran it bc they felt it was unnecessary). So the oncall doc has ordered another ultrasound to measure my cervical length and from there will determine the next steps. If my cervical length is 2.5 cm or longer I will not need to be on bed rest or procardia but if it is shorter than I will. 

During the ultrasound they measured the stomach, femur length, brain, head, looked at the position of my cervix and measured the length. The ultrasound tech even took a profile picture for me 💛💙💜💚❤️


After I got back from the ultrasound they hooked me back up to the monitor to see if I was contracting and they wanted to see the baby's heartbeat. The baby's heartbeat was all over the place. Here are a couple pics of it at the highest and lowest rates.



After waiting awhile Dr. Lemert came in to talk to me about the results of the ultrasound. It was great news! My cervical length was 2.7 and my amniotic fluid levels were at 11.8 (5-25 is normal) so he said I do not need to be on bed rest and to take procardia as needed. That was music to our ears! Nate has been so amazing helping out and taking care of us. The doctor also wanted me to keep my appt on Friday for a follow up. 

Friday 6/12/15
I had my follow up with Dr. Lemert. I waited almost 2 hours to be seen (thankfully I had a babysitter!) The dr measured me (measuring right where I should be 33 weeks) and listened to the heart beat which was at 148. I go back in 2 weeks to have group B strep test done and possibly an ultrasound to measure amniotic fluid again and to see position of the baby. 

Well that is all for now! Till next time!!















No comments:

Post a Comment