About Me

My photo
Naples, Florida, United States
Hi my name is Emileigh and I am married to my wonderful husband Nate. We have two children, Nataleigh (5) and Adam (3). I'm a stay-at-home-mom. I have a degree in applied science with my major focusing on Radiography.

Our Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Nataleigh's Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Adam's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

OB appt update

Hi all!  Yesterday I had an OB appt and it went well.  Over the weekend I got a cold and I have a sinus infection so my OB gave me a script for a Z-pack...woo hoo...goodbye sinus infection!  I am still feeling under the weather but hopefully I will be feeling 100% by Saturday.

So back to the appointment!  The nurse did the usual stuff, weight, BP ask if I have anything unusual going on...blah blah blah....then the doctor comes in and he measures me and I am measuring at 31 weeks yay!  Then he tells me the little guy weighs around 4 lbs....I was like WHAT????  (in my head)  Then I got to thinking about it later in the day how can he tell if he weighs that much?  I guess we'll find out soon enough.  The doctor also told me that he is head down and doing well.  I could tell he is head down because I feel him in my ribs all the time!

After the appt I had my weekly Bible study at church which was good.  I came home and I carried Nataleigh like I usually do up to our apartment and then I started having contractions.  I brushed it off and then another one came...I was like what is going on?  Then I had 3 more and the last one was a strong one that stopped me in my tracks....so that was 5 contractions each one lasting about 10 seconds in a span of 10 minutes!  So I decided to rest up for a while and drink some water...they went away but I was thinking what is going on...it's too soon for him to make his entrance into the world!  Kinda scary but I thought in my head they will go away and sure enough they did.  That was reassuring.  I feel like I am going to have him early but this is too early!

Nate & I talked about things and I am scheduled to work quite a bit (5 days over a span of 10 days) and we think I am going to be done working after that.  The first shift lead tech who does the scheduling called and asked if I can work one more day but I am already getting a big enough bump and by the time Feb 6th comes along I don't want to be pushing heavy carts around so we decided I will be done working then.  We are not sure if that will be for good because I like to get out of the house every once in a while and be productive so that is my way of getting away to be with grownups sometimes....I would like to continue to be on-call after I have the baby but I don't want to go back to work right away...maybe 3 or 4 months after I have him and only work maybe 3 or 4 times a month like I have been.  If you could be praying for us for direction making this decision I would greatly appreciate it!  I like having my on-call job but having 2 kids is something I will need to get adjusted to and my most important priority in this life is to be the best mom possible.  So I guess I would need to have a change in heart about working occasionally.

Well that is all for now.  Hope everyone had a wonderful New Year!  Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment