About Me

My photo
Naples, Florida, United States
Hi my name is Emileigh and I am married to my wonderful husband Nate. We have two children, Nataleigh (5) and Adam (3). I'm a stay-at-home-mom. I have a degree in applied science with my major focusing on Radiography.

Our Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Nataleigh's Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Adam's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Nataleigh's bow holder!!!

I am so excited I finally finished Nataleigh's bow holder! It only took me two days! I could have got it done in one but I was preoccupied with cleaning and of course Nataleigh!

This is how I made it:

Supplies:
2 circular wood cut-outs
2 laser etched dragonflys
brown paint
green paint
paint brushes
hot glue gun & glue
white ribbon
scissors
sanding paper

1. I painted the dragonflys green and let them dry before applying another coat of paint.

2. While I was waiting for the first layer of paint to dry, I sanded the circular wood cut-outs because the edges were a little rough and I wanted them to be smooth. Once I got them to where they were smooth I wiped them off with a towel to grab the dust (I didn't want my paint to get all messed up once I started to paint!)

3. I painted the circular wood cut-out brown to match Nataleigh's crib bedding.

4. While the brown paint was drying, I applied another coat of paint to the dragonflys and switched between the two until they both had 3-4 coats of paint on them and the wood was not showing through the paint.

5. I cut a piece of ribbon and used my hot glue gun to apply it to the back of the circular wood cut-out (once it was dry) I placed one strip of glue and pressed my ribbon to the wood quickly so I didn't burn my finger. I measured about 3 inches away from the first ribbon and did the same thing to the other side of the ribbon.

6. I cut two more longer pieces of ribbon about 12" long for the bows to cling onto. I glued one end to the bottom of the same circular cut-out that had the first piece of ribbon on it. I measured so that the ribbon was align with the ribbon up top and glued my ribbon in place. I took the second piece of ribbon and aligned it with the other side of ribbon up top and glued it into place.

7. I glued both pieces of ribbon to the back side of the other circular wood cut-out and aligned it up with the other end so that the ribbon was even.

Here is the what it looks like! I am pretty happy with how it turned out...I might even make a couple to hang by her crib!











2 comments:

  1. Emileigh that is so creative, and so much more than what I was imagining! Did you get the idea somewhere or come up with it yourself? It will match everything too, which is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of got the idea from the blog As the Foreste Grows when she got the one for her daughter...I might make a change with Nataleigh's but we'll see. I had a lot of fun making it though...I miss being creative...this was a step back in that direction! Hopefully once we move I can do more stuff. I have a lot more ideas for Nataleigh's room! Can't wait till she has her own room! YAY!!! Thanks for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete