About Me

My photo
Naples, Florida, United States
Hi my name is Emileigh and I am married to my wonderful husband Nate. We have two children, Nataleigh (5) and Adam (3). I'm a stay-at-home-mom. I have a degree in applied science with my major focusing on Radiography.

Our Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Nataleigh's Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Adam's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Clean out the ducts!

Today has been a very interesting day for me.  I woke up and things were pretty normal...everything was going along just fine and feeding Nataleigh was going well.  I don't know if I sleep in a wrong position last night but I have some clogged milk ducts that just won't let down!  I have tried taking a hot shower..so hot I broke out in hives!!!  I tried massaging it...didn't work...I tried nursing with Nataleigh in different holds but that hasn't helped.  Warm compresses...tried it....didn't work!  I've pumped and that doesn't have nearly the suction power as my little hoover Nataleigh!  I'm not sure what else I can do.  I am praying that it unclogs before we go away for the weekend!  I am going to be nursing through the night to try and get it unclogged....so long sleep...(it's overrated anyway RIGHT?!)  If it's not cleared up by tomorrow I am going to have to call my doctor and get some kind of relief...it is VERY painful.  I am keeping an eye on it because I definitely don't want it to turn into mastitis!  Please pray that it would unclog!  Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh Em I am sorry!!! I have heard that is so painful, I hope they get unclogged soon. I wonder why that happens? :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did the cabbage work? I'll never forget the painful days I had when my milk came in and I had to let it dry up....terrible!! The cabbage didn't really help me :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do think the cabbage helped loosen it up but it took a few days and now it is back to normal...but those ducts could have dried up so who knows! I'm just glad it doesn't hurt anymore...it was awful...thanks for you help Megan!

    ReplyDelete