About Me

My photo
Naples, Florida, United States
Hi my name is Emileigh and I am married to my wonderful husband Nate. We have two children, Nataleigh (5) and Adam (3). I'm a stay-at-home-mom. I have a degree in applied science with my major focusing on Radiography.

Our Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Nataleigh's Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Adam's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 11, 2010

7 Things Sunday

Happy Sunday everyone!  Here are my newest thoughts/ideas/milestones/events coming up

1. Nate has an interview on Friday at 11am woo hoo!  I am hoping it all works out!!!  We are now down to 20 days till Nate graduates!  It's so close I can taste it!

2. Nataleigh woke up with a snotty nose this morning....first time ever!  Poor baby keeps producing so much snot...I did read when they get snotty noses that's a sign of teething so I am keeping my fingers crossed!  (although I have been saying this since she was 3 months old...I'm bound to be right one of these times!)  She is in good spirits though and still happy as can be....the only time she is upset is when I use the nasal suction to get all the snot out of her little nose!  After that's done she's back to being happy Nataleigh!

3. Today we are going to start Nataleigh on carrots...it's her first time for having them and I know she will do good.

4. I have an opportunity to get a job with my previous employer for either full-time, part-time or on-call which could be a huge blessing to our family!  Please keep me in your prayers!

5. I am working on a piece of jewelry for Nate's graduation...It's similar to a piece I am fixing for my mother-in-law but it is different colors.  My piece is royal blue, silver and white...I love it!  I'll post pictures once I get my camera back...I am going to make earrings to match the necklace.

6. I am really excited because when we were at my parents house this last weekend my mom informed me that she wants to re-do their kitchen.  I thought sweet, and then asked her what she has planned.  She and my step-dad haven't come up with anything yet and she wants me to come up with some layouts...I am SO PUMPED!!!!  I love decorating and interior design (I wanted to go to school for it at one point in my life...and I just love HGTV) but since we live in an apartment we can't paint and I don't have a lot of money or space to work with so this is right up my alley!!!  I get to spend someone else's money and I get to design something for them!  I will show some pictures once I get started with my planning!

7. Church was excellent today.  We had a guest speaker and he preached about his ministry with the youth.  It was very insightful and I learned how our generation is and how parenting is so crucial in the development, nourishment and guidance of our children.  He gave practical ways to share the gospel in an everyday situation showing grace, love and patience.   He was holding a parents' seminar after the second service but little Nataleigh needed to eat so we decided to leave.  During the service however,  it made me look at my life and how I handle everyday situations and I wondered if I am making a difference in anyone's life.  I know that I am in my family by being a dedicated wife and mother and I know I can be better with God's help.  I need to remember that God has to be the center of everything or else I am doing it in my own strength...which is way harder than letting Him lead and me following His lead.

Well that is all for now....hope everyone has a wonderful day!  Till next time!!!

5 comments:

  1. Great post...sounds like we had similar services at church. Our pastor spoke about keeping God in the center of it all, guess that's becuase that's what He's speaking to His church :) What is Nate going to do? Just wondering because we are getting ready to celebrate my husbands grad from anesthesia school and it sounds like he must be in the medical field too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome your Pastor had a similar message. Nate graduates from nursing school May 1st...when does your husband graduate? That's also interesting he is in anestesia school because my husband wants to continue on to become a nurse anesthetist! Good luck with his graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He graduates May 6! We are both RN's too! Good luck with graduation, I know first hand how difficult nursing school can be. But it has opened so many doors, we have been able to travel and we've done a few missions with many more to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for our men graduating! That's awesome that you are both RN's and have been able to travel and get great experience! Is your husband a nurse anesthetist now once he graduates? I told my husband last night and he was like I need to talk to her husband! It was cute! We both would love to do more missions work. I've been to the Philippines twice for medical missions with the church I went to before I got married and my husband has done some here in the US...but we would love to do more over sees in third world countries! What did you guys do? I'd love to hear more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, he'll be a CRNA :) I feel especially proud, as if I were graduating myself ;0. We've mostly done US missions, but we are dying to go to French speaking Africa, and no, we don't speak french. We have some contacts and now we are just waiting on God's timing.

    ReplyDelete