About Me

My photo
Naples, Florida, United States
Hi my name is Emileigh and I am married to my wonderful husband Nate. We have two children, Nataleigh (5) and Adam (3). I'm a stay-at-home-mom. I have a degree in applied science with my major focusing on Radiography.

Our Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Nataleigh's Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Adam's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 4 of Blog Challenge

Well today's blog challenge post is going to be interesting!

Day 4-Your parents

I love my parents very much.  I don't have 2 but 3.  I have a mom & stepdad and dad.  I include my stepdad as my parent because he embodies everything a parent is....even though we aren't blood related.

My parents got a divorce when I was in second grade and it was pretty hard for me.  After that things really changed in my "world".  I got to see my dad every other weekend and at holidays it would rotate every year.  It was okay.  When I was in fifth grade I hadn't talked or seen my dad in a while and out of the blue I finally reconnect with him only to find out he got remarried and I now have a stepsister and two stepbrothers...that was really difficult!  I wasn't even there to meet them or give my opinion of these people who I now call family!  Well they were married for 10 to 12 years..I can't remember but I did get something really good out of it...I have a half brother Derrick whom I wish I was closer to but I am grateful that he is here today.

My mom and I are very close...we are a lot a like but our taste in fashion varies quite a bit.  My mom is very creative...she makes the most beautiful scrapbooks and I always look forward to seeing what she has done.  We like to work out together when I am able to...once this baby is here...goodbye baby fat...hello old jeans!  She encourages me to be the best mom and wife I can be.  I am super thankful for this...oh...and she loves our little Natte as she likes to call her.  Nataleigh loves her Nana.  My mom is a nurse and is a very good one!  While we don't have a lot in common in faith she always listens to what I have to say and is respectful of the place our family chooses to worship...for this I am super thankful!  I know God gave me the mom he wanted me to have and I wouldn't want anyone else!

My stepdad has been family for a while even though he and my mom have only been married for a little over 3 years.  He remembers my birthday and always remembers to call me or attempt to see me that day....extremely important to me...my dad usually forgets...so Dave makes up for that and it always brings tears to my eyes...I am thankful God placed him in my life.  He is also an AWESOME cook!  He is very interested in hunting and whatever his kill is he always prepares it so well and it always tastes so yummy!  We get along very well.  We have a lot in common...we both love sports and would often hang out on a Saturday afternoon and watch Michigan play football and have a lot of fun!

Well that is just a little tidbit of info about my parents.  There are so many things I love about them and it would be an extremely long post...but these are some of the things I love about them!

That is all for now...till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment