About Me

My photo
Naples, Florida, United States
Hi my name is Emileigh and I am married to my wonderful husband Nate. We have two children, Nataleigh (5) and Adam (3). I'm a stay-at-home-mom. I have a degree in applied science with my major focusing on Radiography.

Our Anniversary Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Nataleigh's Ticker

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Adam's Ticker

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 5, 2011

Day 8 of Blog Challenge

Day 8-A place you've traveled to

I have so many places I could choose from but I think I will talk about my mission trips to the Philippines.  I have never felt more close to the Lord in all my life as I felt when I was there doing mission work!  Our main purpose was to share the gospel. 

We fly from Detroit to Japan and then to Manila, Philippines.  It takes about 20ish hours to get there...my best friend is usually dramamine or some other sleeping medicine to help the time past quicker.


Here is a note I wrote from the Philippines:  this was from March 2008
Hello everyone! I miss you all very much! Some of you don't know why I am in the Philippines so here is an update....for three weeks I will be in the Philippines doing medical mission work with my church...that is the area that I will be involved with....we also hold tent revivals, marriage conference, school ministries, pastor conferences, jail ministries, and many other ministries but those are just to name a few....

We have held two medical clinics so far one in Manila at Pastor Israel Flores' church and we saw 200 people praise the Lord! Then the other clinic was in Tuguegarao City at Pastor Richard Bitun's church which we saw 419 people and there were 160 decisons made for the Lord...it was absolutely amazing!

I am about halfway done with the trip...the next couple of days we will be holding the tent revivals in Bacolod and we will have medical clinics before the tent revival for the next three days....please pray for strength for the group we will be very busy and a lot of us have been sick. Pray for many souls to come to know the Lord and that the tent revivals would be very successful!

I have to get going but I wanted to let everyone that we are safe and we are in La Carlota City on the island of Negros and we are staying at the Mission Home. I probably won't be able to update this again so pray for our flight home on March 19! We hopefully will be getting in the morning so it should be nice! I miss everyone very much especially Nate! I love you sweetheart!

Talk to everyone soon!

Love, Emileigh

The first time I ever went there was an amazing once in a life time experience.  When we first got there and were driving to the Mission Home in La Carlota City, I could not believe the living conditions!  I was truly shocked...I had seen pictures but it is a whole different realization when you see it first hand!  It was so devastating it made me cry.  I just could not help to think how good we have it in the US.  We have so much stuff that we just waste our money on...it was a great eye-opener to help me remember what is important in the world...not materialistic stuff but sharing the gospel....I hope that I will keep that in the forefront of my mind...it is hard once I got back because it was culture shock.  But now that it has been a few years I feel like I have slipped back into a more materialistic mind set.  It is disappointing but I know I am doing what God has for me right now...and that is to be the best mom and wife I can be.  I need to provide for my family...food & clothing and I need to be frugal and make sure I am spending the money he has entrusted to us wisely...thank the Lord for the homemade cleaners, great sales on clothes and coupons!  I feel this is the way I am frugal.

I will write more later....today we are celebrating my husbands birthday so I need to get stuff around...but I have so much more I would love to share about the missions trips I've been on!

That's all for now...till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment